Whether you are a patient preparing for an inpatient hospital stay, or someone who’s loved one unexpectedly finds themselves in a hospital, having the right things for a hospital stay is important. Packing the right items will help make your stay less stressful and allow you to focus on your recovery.
Below you’ll find a summary of suggested items to pack for a hospital stay.
- 5-6 outfits of loose fitting pants and tops
- Sweater or jacket
- Supportive pair of athletic shoes with non-skid soles
- Night clothes (gown, robe, pajamas)
- Soap, if you prefer a certain brand
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash & dentures
- Comb, brush, shaving supplies & cosmetics
- Deodorant, lotion, perfume, & aftershave
- Insurance cards & medical information
- Eyeglasses & hearing aids
- Incontinence pads (if needed)
- Pillow, blanket
- Family pictures
- Laundry basket or bag